about contact Home Image Map

Sunday 24 June 2012

kiss me goodnight, sergeant major!

Top: New Look
Skirt: Vintage
Tights: New Look
Shoes: New Look
Mac (pic. below): Dorothy Perkins
Bag: Red Herring 
Rings: c/o Mum
Bangles: c/o of Aunty via Mum

Yesterday my friend and I went to a Nostalgia Weekend that was taking place at a local stately home (think Brideshead, except a little smaller!). All my life I've wanted to take part in one these weekends but, what with one thing and another, I've never got around to it. What a lot I've been missing out on! Although the day wasn't gorgeous (the weather couldn't make up it's mind clearly as it was raining one moment and sunny the next.), everything about the event was wonderful. We snook into a little air raid shelter (pictured below) and I got to touch a hand grenade (that made me very excited), we heard a talk on the part the RAF/WAAF played during the first few years of WWII, walked around the house (which is exquisite), played with model trains that were set up in the (huge) library, and spent the rest of the time gawking at all the fabulous middle aged women who were just so beautiful in their skirt suits and snazzy hats and then men in the uniforms/civvies. It was such a wonderful day and we're already planning on going to the Living History weekend that is being held at the same place next month! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment