about contact Home Image Map

Tuesday 20 March 2012

bow ties are cool

Photobucket
Shirt: New Look
Trousers: New Look
Shoes: New Look (I think)
Bow tie: Vintage (from my mum)

Some days, all I want is to find a beautifully tailored suit (à la Marlene Dietrich) in my wardrobe. I've had no such luck yet, but when I woke up today wanting to look fairly dapper, this is what I came up with. It's decidedly more casual than a suit would be, but comfort is what I aim for!

I am currently in the throes of a rather torrid obsession with Patti LuPone. I've been a lover of musical theatre since I was a small child but for the past couple of years I've been somewhat neglecting it. I think Patti is going to be responsible for me falling in love with it all over again. Will I ever be as fabulous as Patti? No. Will I try to be as fabulous as Patti? The answer is an emphatic YES! 

(Last night I dreamt that I smoked one cigarette and then discovered that my voice had become as incredible as Patti's. It was a great dream, but I'm not sure I should try it in real life. ;D)

No comments:

Post a Comment